Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Family Day Collection | Sahin Designs

For Sahin Designs June Creative Gallery I chose the Family Day collection, to capture another story that I want to remember, during this crazy time.

Things are cautiously, opening up here in southern Alberta. We are slowly and carefully venturing back into the world again. Our Coronavirus numbers are pretty low. It looks like things are heading in the right direction. [Fingers crossed] 

This comes on the heels of being home for the past three months. 

Twelve weeks. 

Eighty-six days.

After the initial fear of Covid-19, and all that it encompassed finally subsided. I have leaned heavily  into our time spent at home.  Just a few days ago, I came across the following quote on Instagram,  

Is that not the truth? 

This didn't just speak to me, it yelled at me. 

If there's one thing that 12 weeks at home has taught me, it's what is and what isn't important. 

The most important. The people you live with. 

Then food. Then toilet paper, yeast, flour...  I joke of course. Those things are now all readily available. We can finally laugh at the hoarding and nonsense that kicked this whole thing off.[However, now you can't find plants or lattice anywhere, in case you're wondering] A whole lot of back yards are on their way to being beautified. 

Once again, I'm grateful that I genuinely like the people I was stuck at home with.

One day, when things finally gather speed, and we're rushing head-first back to normal, I know I'll look back at this time of slow and intentional, with a smile on my face. 


During the pandemic we made the decision to 'take our evening meal' in our dining room. A space that for some reason, we only ever used for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. 

My vote is to keep on eating dinner in there. Enjoying our time spent together at every meal. While we can, because I know these kids won't be living with us forever. 

 The following Sahin Designs products were used: 









No comments: