Friday, October 27, 2017

2017 - Week in the Life -

I'm 98% finished with my Week in the Life Album. I documented April 17th - 23rd, 2017.

I still need to do my title page. My intention was to have a Madelyn draw a picture of each of us, then on the back side I have a little blurb about each of us. Madelyn is not agreeing to this. She keeps telling me she draws terrible people. So, it's possible it might never happen.  

I had also planned on adding a little 'intention page', to start my album. [The blank space on the right, in the first photo] It hasn't happened yet. And it might not. What I've learned about creating these albums, sometimes you have a to let things go. I would rather have it 98% complete, and put it away, than not finish it at and have it there nagging at me every time I see it. 

Going through past albums, what's most important to me, or what I like to reflect on the most, are the stories. So I have lots of words. Most photos have words. Each day I have either one or two pages, mostly in time intervals, of what the day looked like. 

This year, I used a 6x6" format. I used an old Heidi Swapp chipboard album that I've had in my stash forever. I also used some different embellishments I've collected over the years. I like the idea of adding physical memorabilia, but am not always super successful at it. This years format is very simple, and mostly digital. 

Here is my 2017 Week in the Life album, mostly done: 

























By Sunday, I'm usually struggling a little bit. I've kind of had enough. Not many photos to capture our Sunday this year. But as is the case, when I'm done, I'm so glad I did it.

I had to get this finished, because my December Daily Kit just arrived!! This will be my 9th year doing a December Daily album. I am excited to get this process started as well.



No comments: