Thursday, January 21, 2016

PL2015 - Weeks 47 through 52

Something happened in these last few weeks of last year.

I kind of got disinterested in picture taking.

It was that way over the Christmas holidays too. And while I knew it was happening, and I knew I would be disappointed with myself, for having hardly any pictures, I didn't care.

I decided that this Christmas, I was going to be present.

I wasn't going to go running for my camera all the time. I wasn't going to say, 'wait, hold that up again.' 'That picture didn't work, let me get another.' etc. All those kinds of things you say, when you're the picture taker. When you're trying to get just the right photo.

Taking pictures is awesome. But you tend to miss a lot too. You might not think you do, but when you're busy with a camera up to your eyes, trying to 'catch the moment' you sometimes miss the other moments.

I wonder if the kids even noticed... I don't think they did. Nothing was said about it any way.

And I am terribly disappointed with the lack of photos taken from the middle of November through December. By the end of November, I had no memory left on my iphone 4S, so I hardly took a picture with my phone. My big camera has started giving me an error message, which I thought would be rectified by purchasing a new SD card. Sadly, I still got the error message. I've done done some investigating on line, and the prognosis doesn't sound promising.

Thankfully, I've got the itch again. I don't care for 'gaps'. So that spurs me on to be more diligent with taking photos.  Mason has grown tiresome of the never ending picture taking, but thankfully Madelyn is still game. So, I will keep  taking photos...

I've attempted to clean my camera, according to what it said on the internet, and hope for the best. Wish me luck! 

Here are the last few weeks of my 2015 Project Life book:

Weeks 47 & 48:

 Because of my lack of photos, I chose to combine a couple of weeks.  This week there was a dance assembly at Madelyn's school. We went to Lacombe, AB for a ringette tourney. I went on a Instameet to Bridgeland, celebrated my brothers birthday, and included a text from Mason.

Weeks 49 & 50:


These couple of weeks included several different snippets. Decorating the tree, a visit to Santa. Sisters at a hockey game with matching headbands. The water leak in our family room. What living with a teenager looks like. A collage of Madelyn's Girl Guide camp we went on in December.

Week 51:

The girl in bed, with all her favourite stuffies. Libby watching wood delivery take place. 1st game of a hockey tourney. Coffee with friends. It snowed! Which means we'll likely have a white Christmas. And of course the opening of Star Wars [that Mason got to go to on opening day] and our ringette Christmas party.

Week 52:



This is the week I'm most disappointed about, as far as lack of photos. I just wasn't in to it. Of course, now I'm kicking myself... I will keep that information tucked away for next year. So if I'm ever feeling that way again, I'll remind myself how disappointed I was to not put the effort in.

Having said that, we had a nice Christmas. Madelyn woke up sick on Xmas Eve day, with a cough that reminded me of croup. Her and I didn't participate in the family skate that usually happens. Mason got sick a couple of days later, and had a hard time shaking the cough. He was at his worst on the 27th, which also happened to be the day we began a ringette tournament.

It's awesome to be done another year of project life. Now, to catch up on my December Daily stuff...

Following Sahlin Studio Product Used: 

Weeks 47 & 48:

Reflection Elements
Reflection Journal Cards
Reflection Paper

Weeks 49 & 50:

Mad for Plaid - Elements
Mad for Plaid - Journal cards


Week 51:

Mad for Plaid - Elements
Mad for Plaid - Journal cards
4x6 Photo Templates Vol. 1

Week 52:

Making Spirits Bright - Bundle

1 comment:

Eva said...

I know what you mean about missing moments when you are the photographer. In 1988 we went whale watching on Vancouver Island for the first time, and trying to get that perfect picture of the killer whales I spent 90% of the day with my eye to the camera. When I finally ran out of film and just watched, I realized how much I had missed. The next time we went I took a couple of pictures before I put the camera down and just enjoyed watching the graceful whales.

I hope your camera can be fixed!