Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Oven Update

As I type this, I'm waiting for the arrival of our new oven...


It's going to look like this, only in black. 

Am I the only one in existence who doesn't care for stainless steal?

Because we wanted black, it was considered a 'special order'. So there are perhaps a few of us out there, who'd prefer black to stainless. That makes me feel a bit better at least. A bit...Not thrilled about having to wait weeks for it, however.

Today marks nearly 5 weeks since my old oven crapped out. 5 weeks. I was pretty gung-ho at first. I picked out recipes, and we had a fair number of crock pot meals. The weather has been pretty accommodating too, so we've done lots of grilling on the BBQ. But we've also had our fair share of cereal for supper. Yes, you read right. Cereal. The kids think they've died and gone to heaven when they get cereal for dinner. And I think I've died and gone to heaven, because I don't have to prepare a dinner... That will be coming to an end though, very soon. 

First order of business. The kids have made me promise them the first thing I would make is a brownie. I know they'll both come home from school today, disappointed. They will have assumed that the oven is here, and they'll have their little mouths watering for brownie. 

They will have to wait another day though, our oven is due to be delivered somewhere between 4 - 8 pm. So, in my mind that will be about 8:15 - 8:45. Because I don't know if we've ever been first on the delivery schedule. I'm pretty sure we're always the last ones to be delivered to. In any case, super excited about baking/cooking in our new oven in the very near future!

No comments: