Friday, May 2, 2014

PL2014 - Week 13

Gosh, week 13 took us back to spring break. We planned a little ski get away. After spending a lot of time hoping that the snow would disappear, we actually wanted to see more of it.

I decided to create a 2 page layout with this week.  Aside from Miss Madelyn selling Girl Guide cookies, the Saturday after we got back, this whole spread was photos from our little get-away.

I apologize for the quality of these pictures, it's not great this time around. But I'm not re-taking them.



I also included a couple of inserts.



Week 13 - Left Hand Side:



Right Hand Side:



Insert 1 - Side A: [I cut down a Design A page protector]


Insert 1 - Side B:


Insert 2 - Side A


Insert 2 - Side B


I rarely add memorabilia, though I love it. I included a couple of our ski tickets, adult and kids. We picked up discount adult tickets at Costco, which was a great deal. I also included a map of the hill. The kids love to look back at the map, to check out the runs we went down.  I sewed an 8x8 page protector to hold what I wanted it to.

We rented a condo in Radium, and drove back and forth to the ski hill each day. It was a little bit more driving, we had a 3 bedroom condo. We were able to put kids to bed, and then enjoy some time alone. I don't know about anyone else, but staying in a hotel with kids, is not really that much fun... For our little family, it generally means we all go to bed at the same time. Because my kids are NIGHT OWLS, that will stay awake as long as there is something going on. I digress... This was awesome, and although Barry didn't love the drive back and forth each day, I thought it was totally worth it. 

Sahlin Studio Product Used:

Worth a 1000 Words
Arrow Paper Clips
Freebie Stamp Set








No comments: