Monday, December 10, 2012

In a Better Place...

Ahhhhh... Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. I'm in a better place this week. A much better place. Last week I was feeling very overwhelmed, but today, I feel much better. It was exactly one week ago, that I mentioned I had very little shopping done. I was completely behind on my project life stuff, and that I hadn't even cracked open my December Daily book. I'm pleased to report, that after a 3 day long weekend [which equals 3 late nights for the Mummy, and the opportunity to sleep in the next day] I am completely caught up on my Project Life stuff. I have pictures printed until yesterday, for my December Daily book, and my Christmas cards are finished, I have sent a prototype off to Costco, and need to see how it looks before I print off the whole schwack of them... Sometimes the printers and I have different ideas as far as sizing goes, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that I'll be able to send a batch off for printing, then get them out either late this week, or early next week.

This year with my December Daily I have printed off all my pictures at home. I've never done this before, but I thought I'd try. It's going to be very simple, and I've printed that pages off for each day, and will put them together, when I have some free time. I've jotted down notes each day, so I don't forget any important details.   

I went to the mall first thing this morning. I thought I was being extremely smart, being there by 10:00 am. [Because that is afterall, when the mall opens] Well guess what people, Toys R Us opened at 8:00 am... So I walked through there, and was already two hours behind. The 20,000 other people lurking around the store with expressions of utter fear told me that. It turns out the mall itself opened at 9:00 am, so at 10:00 am, I was already an hour behind... At least I went with the right attitude... No kids accompanying me and a Starbucks coffee in hand. [Not any SB coffee, this year I've introduced myself to the Caramel Brulee Latte] Oh. My. Word. Go and try one. Now. Go. Do it. Seriously, go. [Your welcome] That drink makes any line up seem more manageable. 

I even have a few more project life pages to add. In fact, I have weeks 44-46, not to boast or anything, but I just sent weeks 47-49 off, and just got confirmation that they're ready for pick up [that and my 'prototype' Christmas card, whoop-whoop] I can hardly believe that this is week 50 of Project Life... Holy Cow. I've done this for 50 weeks. I'm 2 weeks shy of one year. I have done it. Mason pulls it out and looks at the books constantly. I STILL love it, 50 weeks in...Awesome right? Yeah. Totally awesome.

Here they are:


So... Now we're at December 10th, and like I say, I'm in a much better place. I'm caught up on my Project Life pages, with only a few more weeks to go. I've got all my December Daily pictures printed out and ready to work on, up until yesterday. I've got a good 2/3's of my shopping done. I have my Xmas Cards done, I just have to double check they printed okay, then I can send a bunch and get them out. This week Miss Madelyn has her Christmas Concert [both Wednesday and Thursday nights] and then things slow down considerably. By George, I think things will work out... I might even get a little bit of baking in the mix!!

No comments: