Sunday, June 10, 2012

Another Fabulous Get-Away

I'm a lucky girl... I won't even try to pretend I'm not. My husband is pretty supportive and accommodating.  That is why I just returned from my second get away in less than a month. I know, right? Lucky me...

I went on a Yoga retreat to Galiano Island, with a group of girls that are actually my Mum's friends. These women are part of a walking group, some walk twice a week, some, once a week, a few of them walk daily. I'm part of the once a week crowd, and enjoy the getting together for coffee and the chit chat more than anything... [Shhhhh.... don't tell anyone] These ladies have welcomed me in to their group with open arms. So, this past week I was lucky enough to go on a yoga retreat with them. It was such a great time, I can't even begin to tell you. Suffice to say, my inner Goddess is shining... ;-)

To top it off with a cherry, I got yet another, ocean fix...



A welcome home note waiting for me.
All my trips are finished for the time being... Though I have made my intentions to travel quarterly known, just to stay up to date with how to do what at the airport. I figure if I travel a bit more, I will be a much calmer person.

Today, I looked outside at Barry, who was cutting the lawn and saw this:


Yes... He's wearing a toque to cut the grass... I don't know if it was that cold, but is was certainly that windy. How gross is that on the 10th of June?

I spent the day inside, working on my project life stuff. I went downstairs to my scrap room to use some stamps and thought I heard a drip... Of course, where would there be water? Then I heard another drip... I began to investigate and listen for 'drips' and found this:


That's a big dripping wet spot on the ceiling, in case you're wondering. We spent the remainder of the day emptying my scrap room [not a job for the weak] and tearing down the ceiling. 

Thankfully we found the leak, there is a teeny-tiny hole in the pipe, which is spraying a fine mist now, not soaking and dripping through drywall. This could have been So. Much. Worse. I don't go into this room very often. I had a ton of stuff on the floor, that DIDN'T get wet. Had it been left any longer it would have been ruined. 

I had the kids school albums inches away from the water, but miraculously they didn't get a drop. Only a few damp things, so this was really lucky. And thankfully it didn't happen when we're away on vacation. We have a plumber coming first thing in the morning. Having said that, this is not the first leak we've had... so our confidence in the plumbing is definitely waning a little bit. This could end up being a very expensive venture... We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: