Thursday, December 1, 2011

Diagnosis is in

Yesterday I'd sent Barry to the pharmacy with a picture of Madelyn, and hope... The pharmacist took one look at the picture and told Barry: "Get her to a doctor". My Mum called and said "Maybe she has Impetigo, you should see a doctor". My friend emailed and said "Looks viral, perhaps you should see a doctor..." It was only me, that thought what we were looking at was a severely chapped mouth. My worst night mare was she had cold sores. [something I deal with on occasion, and truly wouldn't wish on my worst enemy]

This morning I got her to the doctor, who took one look at her and said, "She has Impetigo" I have never heard of this before, it's from a strain of Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes , also known to cause strep throat. It's highly contagious, and spreads like wild-fire... It happens when an area of skin has been irritated [such as severely chapped lips] and then aggravated by little hands that won't leave the area alone. The good news is, once diagnosed, the antibiotic should begin to work within the first few days.


1. when we're hiding under a blanket, it doesn't look too bad actually. 2. we just can't leave those poor little lips alone. 3. i can't watch her... i can barely be in the same room... i'm doing the best i can, to try and get her over the hump. 4. she laughs...[at something on tv mind you, but it certainly makes me feel better] I'm trying to keep her in gum, to keep her mind off things...

Right now I'm washing down everything she's had contact with [which I began doing last night, once I self-diagnosed her on the internet] The poor washing machine is humming away...

Happy December 1st. We start our December daily today, guess what the first story of the month will be...

Looking forward to a healthy month.

No comments: