Friday, August 9, 2019

August Template Freebie

After our road trip, I was super excited to begin documenting our trip.

The Sahlin Studio August template was exactly what I needed to get started. [click here to follow link to download template]


For a change, I didn't alter anything about this layout, though I like will likely shrink it down to print it off at 8x8 size. 

Love getting to use multiple photos. That is totally my jam. 

Here's my version: 

We arrived at the beach and it was overcast, but nothing could diminish how excited we were to be there. 

Within moments of arriving, we found our first sand dollar. The tide was out and we soon realized that the beach was littered with remnants of sand dollars. There were easily hundreds of them, but finding a whole sand dollar proved to be quite tricky. We also found a starfish, that Madelyn quickly picked up and rescued by taking it out into deeper water. We're hopeful we saved a life that afternoon.

I could have easily spent much more time here in Seaside. It was cool and cloudy when we arrived,  we left the next day in the pouring mist. But there was something about this place... It was charming and quaint. I loved the vibe it offered. Barry laughed and said, 'Don't fall in love with this place too fast, we have lots of other places to discover on this trip.' But it was already too late then, I was smitten.

Seaside, we will be back. 

I used the following Sahlin Studio product: 

Summer Stories Kit: https://the-lilypad.com/store/SS-Summer-Stories-Kit.html
Summer Stories J. Cards: https://the-lilypad.com/store/SS-Summer-Stories-Journal-Cards.html



No comments: