Sunday, December 16, 2018

PL2018 - Weeks 45 & 46

I have tried really hard for the past few months, to eliminate the word 'busy' from of my vocabulary.

Which is not always easy. Especially at this time of year.

Busy gets way too much recognition. Let's face it, we're all on the go. We have daytime commitments, night time commitments, weekend commitments.  I truly don't believe my kids are over extended, I'm sure some disagree. When you are involved in organized sports such as hockey and ringette, it's a 2 - 4 time a week commitment. Per child. The occasional night at home, is always a welcome treat. 

Last night was the first night, out of the past 10 nights, that we were actually home. 

And I must say, it was heavenly. We had roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, salad for dinner. We watched the Polar Express. Ate snacks, enjoyed a few beverages. Marvelled at our twinkling Christmas tree. We really enjoyed our quiet night, spent together.

There's a lot of talk about self-care and the ability to say no. That's a hard one for me. Choosing what to say yes to and what to say no to.  I tend to say yes a lot. And when I do say no, I feel the need to rationalize, or explain myself. I think it's a tough one for a lot of people, to say no, and give no explanation. It's definitely something I'm working on.

On another subject, here are weeks 45 & 46 of my project life album:

Week 45: 


  • Seriously, can not get enough of all the Christmas blankets in the stores right now, and I'm totally drawn to them. 
  • Cozy infant of the fire.
  • Madelyn has suddenly found 'music'. We downloaded apple music as a 3 month trial, and she has been absolutely delighted. She has her headphones on, the majority of the time these days. 
  • Watching the Remembrance Day celebration in Ottawa. Not very many old time veterans remain. So thankful for their service. 

Week 46:



  • Love, love, love watching Mason play hockey. I don't love the body checks and crashes into the boards, but everything else is awesome. 
  • Lovely day for a dog walk.
  • Barry and I went to see a movie on the 12th of November, the kids had school, but he had the day off work! We went and saw the Bohemiam Rhapsody. 
  • Calgary Plebiscite to decide whether or not we should go ahead and put a bid in for the 2026 winter olympics. It was a no.
  • Waiting our turn for family photos. There was a lot of complaining this morning. 
  • Love, love, love watching Madelyn play ringette. She has gotten so fierce out on the ice. I'm attributing it to all the wrestling her and her brother/Dad have been doing. A noticeable change from last year. 

The following Sahlin Studio product was used

Week 45: 



Week 46:

Overlays: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Magical-Photo-Overlays.html

Stitching:  https://the-lilypad.com/store/paper-piercing-stitch-holes-basic.html




No comments: