Monday, September 17, 2018

PL2018 - Week 32

This summer, we had some hot days. 

Really hot. Above 30 degrees Celsius. 

So not the norm for Calgary. If we get up to 30 degrees, that's usually something worth talking about. But to well surpass 30 degrees, for a number of days in a row, that is highly unusual. 

For another summer, I lay in bed many a night, unable to sleep, wishing we had air conditioning. 

Then, without notice, the weather changed.  I once again find myself bundled up from head to toe in polar fleece... 

8 degrees Celsius seems much warmer, almost tropical, after you've had a winter of negative double digits. 

However, when you're summer has consisted of temperatures in the high 30's, and seemingly overnight you plummet to single digits numbers, it's like you've been thrust into the arctic circle. 

At least I have my photos to go back and look at, to remember exactly how warm it got this summer. 

Week 32: 


  • I made pickles. I love that this photo captures the actual 'pickling process' in action. The pickles on the far right in the photo, are already changing colour. They go from being vibrant green little cucs, to well, pickles.
  • Today was a hot one. Captured the temp and the mileage in the car. 
  • Dill growing on the patio.
  • Madelyn and Barry, spent a super hot, not too smoky afternoon at the outdoor pool. 
  • The layouts I created for my guest member spot at Paislee Press. 
  • Cooling down with our feet in cold water. 
  • Capturing an unbelievable day at Bowness Park. The smoke haze makes for some pretty awesome photos. The light is often perfect. 
The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 


All About This - Digital stamp -https://the-lilypad.com/store/All-About-This-Digital-Stamps.html


No comments: