Monday, April 9, 2018

April Template Freebie

I often gravitate towards multiple photos.

This month's template freebie from Sahlin Studio [available through April only] has the option to add multiple photos or pieces of paper. I like to challenge myself with a theme. When I saw this template, I knew right away what I wanted to do.  This September is our 20th wedding anniversary. 20 years! In a row! So of course I started looking for photos of us that have been taken in the past couple of decades. 

Barry and I laugh all the time, because we have been taking photos of ourselves or 'selfies' right from the start. I used to either set the camera up with a timer, and hop into the photo, or hold the camera as far away from us as possible and click the shutter. Selfies have now become very, very easy, thanks to the iPhone.  

I started taking photos this way in high school, it started in Mr. Leavitt's Comm class grades 10 - 12. We got to fiddle with cameras take photos and then develop our own film in the dark room. I have loved photos and picture taking for more than half my life...  In fact, it's been over 30 years. Eeks, you read correctly!

The 'selfie game' is strong now. Especially with the ease of digital era.  Back when I was taking selfies, you clicked and hoped for the best. You had no idea until you developed the film. It was either a hit or a miss. There were lots of misses, and the occasional hit. What it allowed you to do however, was get everyone into the photo. Even as a high school student, I wanted to get in on the memory game. 

Collecting, keeping, remembering. 

I can count on 2 fingers, the people I'm still in touch with from school, but every time I go through photo albums, it all comes rushing back...

Any way... Sometimes I get a little bit off track. Here is what this months template looks like. 


And this is what I did with it. 


I love it. And I love that we have all these photos, that have captured our life together. 

And I love that after all these years, we still like to hang out with one another. For that, I feel very blessed. 

The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 

You and Me - Elements - http://the-lilypad.com/store/Me-and-You-Elements.html

No comments: