Monday, September 25, 2017

PL2017 - Week 26

Here is week 26 of my project life album. 

Grade 6 farewell was bittersweet. I wasn't sure if I would remain dry-eyed or not. To shut a door, after 10 years of coming to the same school every day. Not only Madelyn saying goodbye to her friends [she's going to a different school than her friends] but for me to say goodbye to the friends I've made. It's so effortless and easy to keep in touch when you chat with people at school pick up 5 days a week. 

There was a brief moment, when the kids all began to walk to the stage, in matching Gr 6 shirts, all with little smiles of excitement. The top-dogs of the school. Thrilled to be 'graduating'. As I saw Mad make her way to the front of the line, I saw her knowing 'I'm really trying really hard NOT to smile, smile' and my heart burst open, but only for a nano-second. I had to get that in check immediately. Had I started to cry, it would have turned ugly. I could just tell. 

Once the assembly was over, the kids all received their yearbooks, and the mad dash to get everyone to sign them was on. It was chaos. Needless to say, I got very few pictures of Madelyn and her friends together. She could have cared less, about the photos. So I let it go. I've been doing that a lot lately.


  • Mason is 15, french toast for breakfast.
  • Grade 6 farewell.
  • Birthday dinner of choice was 5 Guys, my burger-loving boy. 
  • Last day of school photos.
  • Happy Canada Day and Happy 150th Birthday to Canada!
  • Quick collage of our first couple of days at the lake.
This was another layout that I wanted to add a couple more photos. [I ended up swapping the last day of school photos around. I put Madelyn first, so Mason's pictures weren't side by side]



All through elementary school, we've taken photos with the teachers. This is the last time we'll do that. It's hard to believe that we're making this huge jump to junior high and high school. 

Ironically, Mason and Madelyn had the same teacher for Grade 6. I feel so fortunate to have had the teaching team we did. Through the years they had and loved both of my kids, and it showed. You are a FANTASTIC teacher. [You know who you are]

The following Sahlin Studio products were used:



No comments: