Monday, April 17, 2017

December Daily 2016 - Better Late than Never

I have mostly been done this album for awhile. There were just a few last things to add, sometimes it's the smallest things, that seems to take forever... 

It's always so great to look back on projects. When you're right in the midst of them, they can seem overwhelming.

This project, in the heat of the moment, is overwhelming. The best thing to do, is take it one day at a time. Getting somewhat ready beforehand, is also helpful. 

I love to look back at my past December daily albums. I love to see what changes. See what remains the same. This is the first year ever, in 15 years, that we didn't make a trip to see Santa... While it saddens me, I also understand that it's the natural progression. Mason didn't go last year, so I thought I had a few more visits with Madelyn. But she announced that she was too old, to sit on Santa's knee. She told me that when she'd gone last year, she observed she as the oldest girl in the line... It's funny what kids see, and what we see... Obviously that's not something I picked up on. She felt uncomfortable enough, that she didn't want to do it again.

This is picture heavy, here's my 2016 Album:














































I used a lot of different product for this . I used Sahlin Studio product, I used Ali Edwards product. I used a bit of physical product I've squired away over the years.  I did a little bit of stitching on the sewing machine. I used Madelyn's artwork. Everything and anything goes with these types of projects. There are no rules.

I love this project, and I love it even more when it's all done and on the shelf.






No comments: