Saturday, July 23, 2016

PL2016 - Week 20

Week 20 or May 9th - 15th, also happened to be when I played along with Ali Edwards and her 'Week in the Life'. 

This is the first time, in many years, that I didn't really feel 'up to' following along. My DSLR camera has been acting up, and the thought of taking a ton of pictures and losing them, didn't appeal to me. I decided not to do it.

And then at the last minute, I decided to do it, only 'simplified'.

I knew that if i didn't do it, I would look back and regret not doing it. I know this is the case, because I regret that lack of photos I took this past Christmas. I was having the same camera issue then... I know, I know, I need to do something with/about my camera. Either have it repaired [which I've googled and rumor has it, it's a temporary fix] or replace it. But it's just so darn costly...

This year I followed along and did my week in the life, using nothing but my iphone. Better than nothing. I've composed the photos, just have to print them off and put them in an album. This year I went with a 4x4 mini album. It's very picture heavy. There is very little journaling [I'm sure I'll regret this years down the road as well] But I've captured photos. I've recorded our week in the life. At least I won't regret the picture void.

Even when I'm documenting a week in the life, I still do a page for my project life album. It's a little bit redundant. But only a little bit...

This years project life spread is 12x24. This allows me to add a little bit more information. I'm still loving one week in one 12x12 spread. I also love that I can change it up, whenever it suits me. This week it happened to suit me.

Here is week 20, of a week in the life:



As I've done in the past, I changed all the pictures to B/W and continuously used the same elements over and over again. Ali happens to be a big supporter of repetition, and when you're documenting one week in such detail, I can't help but agree.

Also, I LOVED how she added the days on little manila tags, so I copied that element for my page.

Here's a closer look at the left side:



And a close look at the right side:


Lots of photos that included me this week. Which though I try to do on a fairly regular basis, isn't something I have a lot of.

The journal cards on all the days are just point form. I jotted down what went on in our days, knowing the album I wanted to do, would not have all the words included. At least the memories are captured somewhere.

When I finish my mini album, I'll plan to share it.

The following Sahlin Studio Product was used:

Viewpoint - Elements
Viewpoint - Journal Cards
Viewpoint - Paper
Paper Piercing Stitch Holes 

No comments: