Sunday, March 30, 2014

PL2014 - Weeks 7 & 8

In my last post, I'm pretty sure I mentioned we were on the brink of a warm up.
I lied.
Well... I guess I didn't technically lie
It did warm up. It warmed up enough to melt all of our snow. It was all gone. And the next day, after all the snow was melted, and gone, it began to snow. And it's pretty much snowed every day since then. You would never know, that all our snow had melted, by looking out my kitchen window.
I hear people speak of spring.
I see people post pictures of spring.
And even though the first day of spring, has come and gone, it does not look like spring. It looks like winter.
Still. 
And I'm getting sensitive about it.
I want spring. I'm ready for it. I feel I'm even deserving of it.
Today, I watched it snow. All. day. long. I'm dreaming of spring.

Any way, here are my layouts for weeks 7 & 8. When it was still winter. Oh wait... It is still winter. Still.

Week 7:

Week 7 saw a field trip for the Grade 6's to both the Olympic Oval, as well as a presentation by Kobie Boykins on the Mars Rover and a quick trip to city hall. Teachers Convention came and gave us 2 days off school [Thur/Fri] which was also tied into the Family Day Holiday. Valentine's Day came, and we went for heart shaped pizza at BP's. Mace had hockey. We visited with Ama. We went and checked out a new library after our plans of seeing the newly released Lego Movie, didn't pan out. [I wasn't the only one with the idea of seeing an afternoon matinee.]


Week 8:

Week 8 included a day trip to Banff to mooch around. Olympic sports day at school [both Daddy and I volunteered at street hockey stations, and the day couldn't have been colder...] Before the fun started, I played gym curling with some of the other volunteer Mums. We made it to the Lego Movie, everything is awesome, and we got up early to watch Canada win the gold medal in mens hockey.

Sahlin Studio Product Used:

Week 7

Life As We Know It
Magical Photo Overlays

Week 8

Magical Photo Overlays
Pure Happiness - Elements
Pure Happiness - Journal Cards


No comments: