Thursday, November 8, 2012

Project Life - Weeks - 40, 41, 42 and 43

There has been so much chatter on-line about this years upcoming project life... I'm totally not sure how to handle the next year. Do I do this again??? Don't I? If I do, will it be as cumbersome as it was this year? [Not that I haven't loved doing it, I HAVE!!] Or will I have it streamlined a bit, and perhaps the process will be easier? [Nah... doubt it]  When I started doing PL in January, my goal was do create 4x6 scrapbook layouts, you know, out of paper. I've gone completely to digital scrapbooking, which I LOVE, but I miss cutting and pasting too. The only problem is, I have done the majority all of my album digitally this year. I see other albums, and I love the mementos that get added in. I love the snippets of here and there, but I just can't seem to be organized enough to collect things like that. I look through my album, and I'm just so grateful that I've captured what I have. And I guess that means, I don't really need physical 'stuff'.  Looking back through my album takes me back immediately to something I'd have otherwise forgotten about...

I'm so tempted to order the actual book, from Becky Higgens, but then hesitate... If I have the journal cards and page protectors, will that make me do it on paper? If I'm honest with myself, I just don't think so... So although I salivate when looking at online albums, such as Ali Edwards, Gluestick Girl or Marcy Penner... I'm totally content and happy, that mine looks just like it does. I guess that's 'my style'. 

I also realized last week, that with the digital age, I don't print off pictures the way I used to. That's probably because I went from having 24 pictures [1 roll of film] per month, to between 300 - 500 pictures a month on my digital camera. It's too hard to choose. I had a dozen photo albums, up until Madelyn was born, and I think there's 1 album, maybe 1 1/2 since she arrived... How sad. I have thousands of pictures, but most of them reside in various places [hard drive, external hard drive, cds, memory sticks] So to have an album, of up-to-date pictures, with snippets of every day, is so awesome. The kids love looking through them. Makes me happy to see them get such joy out looking and remembering... So I have a big decision to make, about 2013. Because I'm an all-in kinda girl. I don't do great at 'sort of' doing something. And honestly, I just don't see how you can pare it down...

Any suggestions would be welcome, as to how to tone it down a little bit.

Here are the latest weeks I have for Project Life:







And if you can believe how crazy I am... I'm gearing up to do a December Daily album. I know... Certified-Nut-Case. Having these little albums come out of boxes near Christmas, is just too great to pass up. I adore looking back at them. This will be my 4th year doing a December Daily album and I just can't imagine not doing one...

I suppose, that's exactly how I feel about Project Life! Eeks!

No comments: