Monday, August 20, 2012

Project Life Continues

I just can't say enough good things about this project... I tried a few years ago, to document a picture a day, and found it so labour intensive. Totally overwhelming... I came up with a number of ways to short cut the procedure. Mind you, looking back, even with the shortcuts, I'm so glad I did it. It's just so darn amazing to see how things change, when you're every day is just so Every. Day.

I have to admit, I'm already anticipating next year... I don't want to say I can't wait for it... Because I will be honest here, this is still a heck of a lot of work. Having my new iPhone, has radically changed the way I document. Everything about it is just easier. I have caught way more 'every day' stuff, because I have my phone with me most of the time.

Like today for instance. We popped into the mall to pick up a birthday gift for a friend of Mason's, and while we were there, I took these pictures: 

 Today only! Up to 60% off and no takers!! She was dancing to the music, and it was really funny, until she got asked to get out from behind the glass [and then it was hilarious...]
 
 I love how everywhere we go, including Homesense, they go straight for the books.


And then, their second most favourite spot, the book store... Where they get completely lost at what ever it is they're looking at...

Or how we can go on a date, and just snap a picture of our "Girls Night", because the camera is right there.

I'd look silly lurking around the mall and restaurants with my DSLR camera. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for that gem also, but the iPhone has totally changed how I capture our every day.

So here are weeks 25 through 31, and like I say, still loving it.










I would ideally like to include more 'memorbilia'. I don't know how some of the other gals do it so well... I don't seem to have the knack for that. I plan to order some of the different page protectors, and maybe more pockets will be the answer...

I'm also thrilled, because I found a tutorial on how to create 4x6 pictures in an app on the iPhone. That takes out an ENTIRE step... How awesome is that?!?! The only way it can be even better, is when the Costco app is available in Canada and I can then send those pictures STRAIGHT TO COSTCO FROM MY PHONE... I know! Right?

Learning a few shortcuts has made this process even simpler. So, I'm still totally keen with this project. I don't know if I will simplify even more next year... I might. I'm not totally sure how to simplify more... I thought going 'digital' would be quicker... But it's not. Maybe next year I need to do more handwritten stuff... Maybe a better mixture of both. I'll just have to see how the wind carries me. I'm just so pleased that I've kept up with it, and have over half a year done... Yay for me!

No comments: