Thursday, May 10, 2018

May Template Freebie

It's that time again!



I absolutey love the simplicity of it. 

I looked through some photos, wondering what story I should capture, found this picture I'd taken through the book shelves at the library last summer. 

Here is the layout I created using the template: 


One of my greatest accomplishments as a parent, is raising avid readers. I like to think that I had a helping hand in this. That they have seen my love of reading, and have naturally loved to read as well...

Or maybe I'm just super lucky. 

As I child, I was definitely an avid reader. I went through books at a pretty quick rate. I could get lost in a book any where, any time. I'm not one of those people who can read a few chapters before bed, to put themselves to sleep. No, I have to force myself to finish a chapter, and turn out the light. And if it's a really good story, that's a lot easier said than done.  I have been known to read into the wee hours, though I don't do that as much these days. Sleep ranks pretty high up there these days. 

This girl though... Wow. She's a reader. If I thought I was an avid reader, I'm honestly not sure what I'd call her. She reads way faster than I can, often averaging a book a day. She absolutely gets lost in a story. She doesn't hear you talking to her. She doesn't hear you ask her a question. Or telling her it's time to go. Or calling her for supper. She sneakily turns her reading lamp back on at night, after she's been told lights out. She is constantly threatened of light bulb removal. But still, she reads. I have often woke up in the morning, to find her light back/still on, and her finished book beside her. 

No matter where we go, she finds the books. She's drawn to them. She will sit down anywhere and read. And she does. 

And for that I'm grateful. Because the worst thing about this story, is she's tired in the morning, because she loves to read.

The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 

Shine Bright Journal Cards:  http://the-lilypad.com/store/Shine-Bright-Journal-Cards.html

No comments: