Monday, April 5, 2021

April Template Freebie | Sahlin Studio

The start of a new month, means that Sahlin Studio is releasing a new template freebie. 

Here's this months free template, you can download it here



Well people, we're a year into this pandemic. 

I still can't quite believe it. 

Last year, when we first went into lockdown, and we were home, ALL THE TIME, we created a music playlist. All four of us picked out about 15 of our favourite songs, and then they were all amalgamated. Over the past year, we have listened to this playlist a lot. We listened to it while we played games.  We listened to it when we sat out on the patio. We listened to it when we played darts and foosball in the basement. Some of these songs will bring me back to our time together. 

I thought a really cool idea, would be to document the playlist we listened to so much. The one we ended up calling, wait for it... Corona-Time... 

I wasn't sure exactly how to do it. At first I thought I could just list the song and the artist. But that seemed a little bit boring. In the end, I went through our list, took a screen shot of each songs [album cover] and then, took screen shots of my camera roll. 

It worked out really well, and here's what I came up with, using this months template freebie.

digital scrapbooking layout created by candy featuring April 2021 FREE Template by Sahlin Studio

In amongst all the uncertainty that the coronavirus brought us, there were some really great moments as well. 

For one, I will always be grateful for the time together we spent as a family. The game nights, tv show binging, putting together puzzles, pub night in the basement, movie marathons and hanging out on our patio under our bug lights.

The pandemic came at a time, when let's face it, teenage kids, would rather be hanging out with friends, than with Mum and Dad. We were forced to be together, and to be honest, it was a time that I will always cherish. 

Having said that, we are now one year in. Variant numbers are rising shockingly fast, a number of places in Ontario are back on lockdown. This is our second Easter weekend as a foursome. Last year I wouldn't have believed it was possible. To miss easter, thanksgiving, Christmas and then easter again with family. 

I certainly hope I'm not saying the same thing next year. 

The following Sahlin Studio products were used: 

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Movies-Elements.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Movies-Papers.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Project-Mouse-Movies-Journal-Cards.html

No comments: