Tuesday, September 19, 2017

PL2017 - Week 25

Here is a quick look back to Week 25. 


  • Trip to the library.
  • Storm in Red Deer my brother was caught in. 
  • Pub Night with my Tsunami Mommies.
  • Enjoying the deck. 
  • Mason mowing the lawn. 
  • Sleepovers, the day after...
This is a layout, that I ended up having more photos than spaces to put photos. 

I had a couple of stories to tell, that I wanted to have several photos. I also wanted to include journaling, but I didn't want this to end up being a 2 page spread. 

So, I created a couple of flip up pockets. 

To do this, I cut up an existing page protector, taping it directly over the photo so that when it flips up, more of the story is visible. 

Here are the photos I included: 


My brother was in a freak windstorm this summer while camping up in Red Deer. The wind was so intense, that it literally pulled the trees from the ground. Huge trees. He said it was so scary, he thought he was going to be hit for sure. He was inside at the time, and he could hear something coming, he said it sounded like a freight train. Many of the RV's in the campground were hit with falling trees and debris, and miraculously, he got out with out so much as a scratch. The top photo, was the RV right next door to him. It absolutely hit close to home. We're so thankful he was okay.


I wanted to include a few photos that he'd sent me. It's hard to believe this wasn't actually a tornado, but it was just extreme wind gusts. There was a huge clean up effort, and the majority of the trees in the campground were destroyed.

The next story I wanted to include was the 'sleep overs'. Both kids had them, where there was little to no sleep [remember me, I HATE sleep overs] The kids were both crabby, and I sent them both for naps. And both napped. Absolutely unheard of. The only time these kids ever sleep other than at night time, is when they're sick.


Mason recovered after his nap, and made it through the rest of the day. Madelyn on the other hand woke up even crabbier. At least it was quiet for a couple of hours...


The following Sahlin Studio product was used: 


No comments: